Sinopian View

When a dog barks at the moon, then it is religion; but when he barks at strangers, it is patriotism! ~David Starr Jordan

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

CNN.com users react to Kennedy backing Obama

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/29/kennedy.reax/?iref=hpmostpop

There has been a lot of negative reaction to this by those in all camps. I am a Democrat in all its ways. I have seen the Democrats be the motive force for the outcomes for change and movement in this country that has affected the many and not the few. For all their faults, the extended Kennedy family has been in the forefront of breaking down barriers in the civic process. I see this endorsement
as a way to skip the last breath of the current generation of political activity that has gone on unbroken through Bill Clinton, a man I admire and GW Bush, a man I have profound differences with. The Kennedies, in a stroke, have struck at the root of politics as usual.

Obama has not had time to accrete beholdens and encumberances that will continue with Hillary. I admire her as a leader and as a capable human being. I see that her run against the Neos is one of "good neo"Hillary and bad neo, Bush remnant.

Obama will be a break in the status-quo. He will be a new factor for the competing political action groups to approach and to turn their way.

I am looking forward to the possibility of hearing not Hail to the Chief but rather, The World Turned Upside Down. It was played at Yorktown when the American Insurgent Forces received the British sword of surrender.

Hear it and read the lyrics here.
http://www.contemplator.com/england/worldtur.html

God Save the USA

Lantern Bearer
Peter Lee Sapp's Grandson
He fell at Nashville in blue

Please, be attentive, be intelligent, be reasonable, be responsible.

You have no business to believe me.

I ask you to believe nothing that you cannot verify for yourself. . .

If you have not a critical mind, your visit here is useless.

G.I. Gurdjieff

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home