Sinopian View

When a dog barks at the moon, then it is religion; but when he barks at strangers, it is patriotism! ~David Starr Jordan

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The silence continues . . .

The silence continues . . .

Ameri has not called for some fifty odd hours now. This evening I will work the cellular contacts that I have. This silence may be prelude to either a partial solution or a further slide into the abyss.

I have tried to get some sales work going but my mind is not in it. I had a visit with a friend today who is having challenges with his youngest. His youngest is forty two. He is quite talented, quite handsome and will soon face either a harsh term of community control or confinement in prison. My friend has four other children. They are all quite unique and radically talented, functional and independent human beings. We have been neighbors and friends for twenty one years.

When Ameri was quite young, she would run away from home. She was cautious and predictable, however. She could always be found at my friend's house having cookies or some other treat with my friend's wife. I would like to think that tonight that she is safe in someone’s house that she can trust and not be afraid to fall asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home