Sinopian View

When a dog barks at the moon, then it is religion; but when he barks at strangers, it is patriotism! ~David Starr Jordan

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ameri Has not Called Tonight

Ameri has not called. The law enforcement dispatcher that has had contact with her called to check up. They have not seen her to day. They obviously have had not street calls or contact with patrol officers either.

Mom wants to know what we should do if she calls. I have to bow out on tactical decisions. While I am usually at my best in small unit tactics, in this case I don't seem to be able to get the logistics and the movement of personnel just right. Give me an emergency situation with lots of movement, lots of bases to cover, people wanting help, then I am your guy. With Ameri, try as I might there is no way to meet her either head on or by attempting to flank her. She has the wits of a Jedi when she is confronted. I find that being the tough love heavy with Ameri is useless. Mom has the artistry needed to close a deal with Ameri. I am only a goof who says the wrong thing at the wrong time and I miss the close. I know the names of stars and constellations. I can identify most commercial aircraft down to production model. I can identify 99% of all classic rock and roll songs in the first bar. I read and write in ancient Greek. I can not get a handle on Ameri.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home