Sinopian View

When a dog barks at the moon, then it is religion; but when he barks at strangers, it is patriotism! ~David Starr Jordan

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Obie Wan Ka-Wobble

Yes, yes. The great diversion begins. Just as AG Gonzales goes to the Congress to be grilled a bit, Karl Rove brings out his production of, "Look! Over here. Voter fraud!! We have to get to the bottom of this!!!"

Atlantic Online has just published a piece on the coming Karl and Friends Production of the Potomac River Dance.

Now I know that continued criticism of the way things are being done is quite annoying to some of my friends and relations but when the characters in the current tragi-comedy just as much invite a pie in the face, then it must be done.

It is to my great pleasure and fond regard that the first Republican President, Abe Lincoln, was born in my home state just a few miles from where I was born. His ancestors settled in the same river valley as mine. I take great pleasure in reading anything that comes out about him. I might recommend the Doris Kearns Goodwin book Team of Rivals to you. It is a book that everyone who claims to be a Republican should read.

In my state we have a new Governor.

Governor Charlie Crist


He is a Republican and served in the JEB administration. He is quite likeable in a way that JEB was not. JEB of course wanted to have an honorary degree from the University of Florida bestowed on him but the recommendation and award had to come from the University academic staff. It was a no go. Now a building housing the School of Education has been chosen by the Florida Legislature and shoved down everyones throats. I am thinking that he would have done better by approaching Ave Maria University down in South West Florida. Educational governor, indeed!?

Yes. Spring is setting in. The greening will not be denied. This is my favorite time of year in Kentucky. My parents chose to depart this plane about this time of year. It is bittersweet.

Don't forget to click on the Penguin.

Lantern Bearer

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home