Sinopian View

When a dog barks at the moon, then it is religion; but when he barks at strangers, it is patriotism! ~David Starr Jordan

Monday, April 09, 2007

Bernice the Hen

I have a chicken. I rescued it from one of the barns where my daughter had boarded her horses. Its nest sibs were killed by an otter or a raccoon. I brought it home and have been raising it in a large parrot cage on my screened lanai. Until a week ago I was not sure of its sex. Starting two weeks ago, it would crow for morning. Then a week later, I found an egg on the bottom of the cage. I immediately prepped a nesting box and attached it high in the cage. During Easter Week, I received an egg a day.


Now there are some of you who will find this completely mundane and of little interest. Just think about it if you will.

Her name really is Bernice. I was being creative with the Paris moniker in the previous post.



Lantern Bearer

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home